There is nothing more stunning than well-cared leather laptop backpacks. These backpacks are durable and last for long especially if they are taken good care. These versatile bags are available in different designs and colors and are beautiful. Additionally, they fit the needs of students, travelers, and professionals by ensuring that their laptops as well as other stuff. Today there are very many varieties on the market designed to fit the needs of both men and women. If you are thinking of purchasing a leather backpack, the following tips will help you to clean and maintain your bag in top condition.
Cleaning leather laptop backpack
Cleaning your leather backpack is rather simple. However, you need to do it, right to ensure that your bag can last for a long time.
Follow the steps below.
- Wipe off the dirt, dust or stain with a clean and damp cloth. Ensure you rub the surface until it is damp but not fully soaked.
- The next step is to apply cleaning agent to the soft cloth. The best product to use is the store purchased leather bag cleaner that is often provided when you purchase the bag. It is also easy to make your own cleaning solution by mixing mild soap with distilled water.
- Wipe the dirty surface until the dirt clears. For the best results, keep your circular motions in line with the grain of the leather.
- Get a clean and dry cloth to wipe off any soap residue as well as the excess moisture.
- Air-dry the bag. One of the biggest mistakes that most individuals do is to try to speed the drying process using a hairdryer. Hot air will damage your leather making it susceptible to wear and tear.
General care tips
Apply a conditioning spray
To keep your bag free from mildew, odor and stains spray a protective conditioning solution to your bag a few times weekly. These sprays will ensure that the surface is well protected, increasing the life of your investment. Applying conditioning cream also ensure that your backpack remains shiny. Use a soft cloth to rub the cream in a circular motion to keep it in top condition.
Protecting your leather laptop backpack from scratches
Although you cannot protect your bag from scratches completely, you can do something to keep the backpack looking great. One way is to keep it away from sharp objects and rough materials. Additionally, you can apply a boot polish, saddle soap or Vaseline to coat the leather as it gives the leather a protective finish making it more durable.
When the bag is not in use, stuff it with tissue or newspaper
If you do not intend to use your leather bag for a some time, stuff it with newspapers or tissues to ensure that it retains its shape. This will also ensure that the backpack remains polished and have that professional look. Wrapping the bag in a soft cloth tote when not in use will preserve its softness. Additionally, this will protect it from dust, grease, and dirt.
Store in a dry closet
Ensure that you store the backpack from moisture and other toxins in the environment. Ensure that you always keep it in a dry environment to avoid odors and stains.
Remember your leather laptop backpack is a costly investment, so you need to take proper care of it to enhance its performance and durability. Use these tips, and you will enjoy your leather backpack for many years to come.